Frequently Asked Questions
This is a points-tested visa stream. This visa lets invited workers with skills Australia need, live and work permanently anywhere in Australia. Additional details below:
With this visa, you can:
- Stay in Australia permanently.
- Work, study and live anywhere in Australia.
- Enrol in Australia’s free, world-class, public health care scheme.
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence.
- If eligible, become an Australian citizen
You can include members of the family unit in your application. You can:
- Include them when you lodge your visa application.
- Add them after you lodge your application but before the Department decided on your visa.
Permanently. This is a permanent visa. It lets you stay in Australia indefinitely. You become a permanent resident on the day your visa is granted. For citizenship purposes, your permanent residence starts on the day:
- You are granted the visa if you are in Australia
- You enter Australia on this visa, if you are outside Australia
The ‘Eligibility Assessment’ will take approximately 5 minutes to complete.
You will receive your results immediately. Your results are based on the claims that you have made. This service also provides you with a ‘Self-Improvement Calculator’ which can help you identify areas to increase your score.
The ‘IMMIGRATION TO AUSTRALIA NEXT STEPS GUIDE’ is a simple & easy, step-by-step guide in how to apply for your Australian Skilled Migration Visa.
Simply click on the blue LINKS at each step in order to access the required immigration forms to fill out + all the information you need. IT’S SIMPLE AND EASY!
No, the Eligibility Assessment is not an application for a skilled visa. This service notifies you of this ‘Australian Government initiative’ and provides you with the ‘skilled occupation list’ and the ‘Eligibility Assessment’ in order for you to see if you qualify by meeting the minimum point score of 65 or more. This service also provides you with a ‘Self-Improvement Calculator’ in order for you to identify where you can best improve your score, and a ‘Immigration to Australia Next-Steps guide’ which is a tool to help you best apply for an Australian Skilled Visa.
The Australian Government’s migration program is focused on ensuring that Australian employers can access workers to fill critical skills shortages in Australia. The Australian Government is directing migration to those cities that are in need for more people and those economies that simply cannot fill jobs with local workers. The migration program also continues to focus on growing the Australian economy and filling skill gaps.
You will be redirected to your results after completing the assessment, and after the payment.
You will also receive an email with a link to your results page. Note, your results page expires after 48 hours.
✓ The Australian Immigration Bulletin (released monthly)
This bulletin is for members only, and provides our members with month to month updates on Australian immigration policy changes and consequential opportunities. Opportunities are found via federal and state government policy shifts for the demand and supply for certain occupations. This bulletin will keep you up to date so that you do not have to employ expensive immigration lawyers to provide you with monthly research.
✓ Access to all our premium resources including occupation pathways and our exclusive educational recordings.
✓ Be connected to Australian immigration lawyers, located in Australia.
✓ Be connected to our recommended English school to help increase your English score, including IELTS and OET English test preparation.
✓ Receive current Australian economic headlines effecting immigration.
✓ Learn more about Australia’s culture and lifestyle via viewing all that’s been happening in Australia, on a month to month basis.
✓ Access to our Self-help area providing ways to improve your Australian Skilled Visa Point Score Assessment.
Please turn on your ‘International Payments’ within your banking app. or contact your bank to confirm that your ‘International Payments’ are turned on.
You may cancel your membership to The Australian Immigration Bulletin at anytime by clicking here.
- To discover whether you are eligible for a visa that will allow you to work & migrate to Australia, we invite you to take the On-line Eligibility Assessment.
- At the end of the assessment you will be provided a score. You require a minimum of 65 points to be eligible to apply for an Australian Skilled Migration Visa.
- You can identify areas of improvement in order to boost your score by using the ‘Self Improvement Calculator’.
- You will receive a ‘IMMIGRATION TO AUSTRALIA NEXT-STEPS GUIDE’ which is a simple & easy, step-by-step guide in how to apply for your Australian Skilled Migration Visa.
All customer data is stored securely, and we only use the highest level of security for all online payments.
Refer to the ‘Immigration to Australia Next-Steps Guide’which is provided after you have completed the Eligibility Assessment.
The Australian ‘Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189)’is a points-tested visa. After you have submitted your Eligibility Assessment, you will be given an indicative points score based on the claims you have made. If you do not obtain a score of ‘65 points or more’ you will not be invited to apply for this visa.
If you are invited to apply for the visa, your invitation will state the number of points that you must score when the Department assesses your application for grant of the visa (this score may be higher than 65 points, depending on your claims in the Eligibility Assessment).
Note, when you submit your application you must provide evidence supporting your claims. To calculate how many points you may score use the Eligibility Assessment.
- You can be ‘in’ or ‘outside’ Australia when you apply for the visa and when we decide on your application, but not in immigration clearance.
- If you are applying in Australia for a Skilled Independent Visa, you must hold a substantive or a subclass 010 Bridging A visa, a subclass 020 Bridging B visa or a subclass 030 Bridging C visa, otherwise your application will not be processed.